I am tired. I didn't sleep too well last night.. went to bed at 2am and then up early to drive the daughter to school.. I had the best of intentions.. lots of plans for today. But with the lack of sleep I just didn't feel super motivated first thing this morning.
Decided to start out slow.. have some coffee.. check some email. Relax a little. Maybe write something. Got kinda busy with the interweb and chatting and emailing and stuff and before you knew it, most of the day had escaped me.
But I still had plans! I had to go to the bank.. the post office.. pick up some groceries. Plus I had PROMISED MYSELF I would go to the Y. And there was the inevitable shovelling. I logged off, and got ready to get busy.
I had planned to have a quick shower before heading out into public, but what was the point, really? I was going out to get sweaty anyway. So with my stylish hair and chic workout wear (this is sarcasm.. it means that I had not washed my hair in two days and it was in a ponytail and I was wearing some really hot black workout pants.. WITH white stripe down the side..AND a really nice tee shirt from the 2006 World Cup. AND no make up. Fancy.) So in other words, I looked like crap. But who cares, right? It's the YMCA, not a beauty contest.
Headed outside into the real world..to the bank.. had some financial transactions to attend to. And of course, wouldn't you know it... get in line at the bank, and there's a pretty fine looking gentleman about my age in line behind me while we wait. He bumps into me.. we exchange idle reasonably amusing chit chat. I look like shit. End of story.
I walk over to the post office at Shopper's to mail something. It's Senior's Day. With my haggard appearance, I am offered the discount (no, I'm kidding..).
Get to the Y.. throw my crap in a locker and head to the bikes.... do 15 minutes and head to the weight machines. Now, I think of the Y as a family type place... not your "meat market-y" type workout place... average people leaning more toward fitness for health, not working out for making out. However, today there seemed to be a significant number of men who were both in my age range, and fairly good looking. THIS is a good sign. I am there for health, not dating... however, if those two worlds collide, so be it. Once again, polite idle chit chat is exchanged with a couple of decent looking guys while waiting for machines. Fun fun.
Done that, I proceeded to the lockers to get my water bottle and novel before heading to the treadmill. As I passed through the locker room I looked into the mirror. Oh my. Not good.
I looked like a freakin' bag lady. Baggy pants, baggy top.. greasy hair.. no make up.. ugh.
Please, Jeebus, let me not have appeared to be flirty and therefore pathetic when talking with aforementioned men. "Hey dude, did you see that bag lady hitting on me?..." Yeah. This look has got to go. I mean, I'm not doing full make up or anything, but at least I could show a SMIDGEN of self respect. And maybe wear a push up bra.
I head to the treadmill and plan my wardrobe for tomorrow.........
-------------------------------------------
On the bright side, I'm down about 7 pounds without RADICALLY changing my eating. Just not eating crap, booze or fast food. Lots of veggies and water. -b
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment